Tuesday, October 26, 2010

this week.

this week has been and will be extremely crazy. some things i have loved being busy about. other things.... not so much. sunday was the thing i loved getting to do. i had the wonderful pleasure of shooting my beautiful cousin and her fiance's engagement pictures. i feel so blessed to be with them and capture this moment in their lives. 
 
aren't they just a catalog couple? talk about beautiful children.

now. onto the horrible week. this week, i have 3 exams and a presentation. yes, i did say 3. my life consists of burying myself in hodge's library with business law, marketing, and international business. 

this was me last night. i cant take credit for this picture though. i wanted to take my own picture of the books i actually do have to study, but don't forget what i told you. i have 3 exams and a presentation. no time for uploading pictures. so dont judge the borrowed pic!

this is where i would rather be. i did take this picture. because it was in a time where i wasn't hurrying or super busy. i could take my time. 
but, i will say this. by no means think i am trying to excuse my behavior or attitude because i'm "busy". i'll always be busy. everyone will. i will not take a week out of my life and- because i have tests- not talk to friends, not be tidy and pick up after myself in my house, or not participate in my usual activities. life does not stop just because my week is crazy. a good friend and i were talking about how no one has an excuse to dismiss being a friend or getting to know someone simply because they have a hectic schedule. and the same applies to me. i cannot say that no one else can do such an act and ignore others around them or hide out in the library all week and make an exception for myself when i am in their shoes. to be busy, i've recently discovered, has become an excusable idol in our society, especially college students. lay everything down and the foot of the cross. submit your busy-ness. submit the feeling of having to control everything going on. it wont change a thing if you grasp to all your plans. letting go allows trust and will give you peace. trust in Him. He loves you. He knows how important these things are that make up our lives. however, they are not the most important. just remember not to forget your first love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment