Friday, March 15, 2013


So this week has been crazy, but great! I have a few highlights for you.
.
1. Probably the biggest news for this week: Canaan and I have the pleasure of going to HAWAII this weekend. [go ahead, let your squeals out]. We are so excited! Canaan was asked to perform his very first wedding. It is for our good friendsmegan mallette [Tennessee shout out] and aaron mohle. And since we are good friends, they are letting me tag along too! We will be there from tomorrow until Tuesday morning. So we will be with the couple and their families until Saturday evening, & then Canaan and I get to explore on our own until monday evening! For those of you who know about our honeymoon drama, this will be like a REAL second honeymoon for us. Aloha! Ready for some sun & sand. It’s been a while.

2.
   got this new nail polish: lucky lucky lavender. And I am loving it! It’s like a little happy on my nails everytime I look down. And gets me so excited for spring!

3. have ya’ll
 happened to buy any navel oranges lately? If not, you should. They are amazinggg. I can’t get enough, and I am not usually a huge orange person. Go getchasome!


4. i like the thought of buying some shamrocks for the spring. What a cool concept for 
st. patricks day? I will probably go get some after we get back from Hawaii. Let’s see if I can keep them alive! 

5. i have been doing a beth moore bible study with some of the church ladies at good ‘ol pwood, and have beenenthralled by it. It has been such a time of growth, retrospect, yearning for the Lord’s face/Word, and repentance. We are going through the book of Daniel. It is all about rising above the world of excess we live in. it talks about the Babylonian culture we live in today, where the theme of the great schemer is making life all about “me”. The book of Daniel shows us a life that was lived with integrity and ears that listened only to the Lord’s commands, nothing else. How I pray for ears like that. earsthat learn to listen. I think the Lord made us very specifically that when we are talking, we cannot listen at the same time. And when we are truly listening, we don’t even think about interrupting to speak. I pray to remember that. that the Lord gives us everything we need, and the rest is fluff. By me saying what I have is not enough is saying HE is not enough.

6.
6. this week is spring break for most people we know. My table group has been super light, so although I know the students are having a much-needed rest, I can’t wait for everyone to come back! Last week was mini-mester for some of the kids who go to PCA [Prestonwood Christian academy]. The stories brought back from cuba, the amazon,Africa, east dallas, and internships were amazing! It feels my heart so much to see these junior and senior high students breaking boundaries to share the name of Christ. I want them to remember this feeling of serving, how it is the most joy they will ever know, and hold fast to it, so they can bring it back to use in plano. It is much needed here as well. We are the opposite of some of the places these students visited. The people they saw clung to the hope of Christ because it is all they have. The people here have everything they could ever want and see no need to be saved. But both spectrums are desperately crying out for the only void-filler.
7. Speaking of international travel, my bestie angela is in Nicaragua this week with her youth group serving the people there. The Lord always does tiny, yet huge things for us sometimes. For example, angela has phone service there, and we have gotten to see how those people live andhow beautiful the scenery is with dirt homes in the foreground. I am thankful for a friend who has such faithfulness in her Savior. Praying heavily for her trip!


Ok- that’s it. Gotta save something for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment