Monday, January 31, 2011

a tease.

so up here in good 'ol knoxville yesterday, it was a whoppin 60 degrees. i had the liberty of sitting outside for a while, closing my eyes, & just feeling the amazing weather. it was such a tease to things that im looking so forward to. some examples are: 
outdoor adventures with my roomie. we got to spend a long weekend along the river in our kayaks. enjoying the breeze in our shorts & chacos. 
theres this water tower near where i live up in knox, and its painted a sky blue. the days i enjoy the most are those that my roomie deemed calling "water tower days", days where the sky is so blue that you cant differentiate between the tower and the sky. yesterday was the first water tower day ive seen in months. it was glorious. 
i believe spring reverts us back to our childhood. days that were filled with school and playing outside until the streetlights came on and we had to go in for dinner. days of bare feet and our biggest worry being not getting to stay outside as long as you had the day before. i cant wait to frolic and run through big patches of grass, feeling the soft blades between my toes.  
i love the beach. probably more than most. i would never want to live there, because in my mind, its my retreat. its where i can go and let everything else go just to.. relax. iPod in my ears or a book in my hand, water, & my towel can leave me at the beach from sun up to sun down. & i havent seen the beach in over a year. im now itchin to go thanks to the current weather. 
im looking forward to simple things. simple things are what warm my heart the most. giant bubbles or bunches of balloons or fresh flowers or bicycle rides or a good book. these are things that bring joy to me. little joys that the Lord delights in giving me and has created me to reflect on Him when i am able to enjoy these things. 

3 Let them praise his name with dancing
   and make music to him with timbrel and harp. 
4 For the LORD takes delight in his people;
   he crowns the humble with victory. 
5 Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor
   and sing for joy on their beds.
psalm 149:3-2




No comments:

Post a Comment