Wednesday, January 19, 2011

new year resolutions.

so i know it a little late and a little generic to say i want to do new years resolutions, but i dont care! tonight at my high schools girls small group, we talked about our spiritual goals for the new year. and it was incredible. im so so blessed to be able to hear their hearts and be a part of their lives. two verses that were revealed to me today pretty much summed up what my heart was wanting to focus on this year. the first one:
"my heart says of You 'seek His face!' Your face, Lord, i will seek". 
psalm 27:8.


and the second:
"my soul thirsts for God, for the Living God. when can i go and meet with Him?"
psalm 42:2.


an issue that the Lord has recently revealed to me is how to have a more generous Spirit. its not necessarily about giving money for me. its deeper. its sacrificing buying things for myself instead of seeing that money go more for the glory of God and His work. so instead of spending wastefully on myself, this month i only will buy the necessities and whatever money i have left, give it where the Lord would see it best used for His most glorious name. i thank the Lord for this time with Him. it is hard because every time it comes down to a decision whether to spend for myself or not, im taking my cross dying to self. but its my Father disciplining me to act more in the likeness and reflection of what is in me, which is Him. as the Word says, we are being refined. we are being pruned. we have to bleed. we have to sacrifice things. we have to lose more of ourselves to gain more of Him within us, in which we are immensely blessed. what a beautiful image. and though we bleed and are pruned and are refined, our Abba is there to heal us and bandage our wounds and make us stronger in Him. oh, how He loves us.
















on another note, i had the best breakfast today....



nutella on a toasted english muffin. i believe nutella was made to  refresh the soul. 


1 comment:

  1. i had nutella for breakfast too! we're made for each other!

    ReplyDelete