Wednesday, January 26, 2011

patience.

i cannot claim the topic of this blog as my own.  its an idea that has been circulating among people around me and the topics of many of the conversations ive had with people recently.  its crazy to me to see how this is displayed in such various ways in peoples' lives.  patience to me may come in a very different form than someone else.  what i need the Lord to provide patience with me for is a very deeply rooted thing in my human nature.  a lot of things are based on instant gratification because of the world we live in now- a world that says it wants to serve me and my needs and provide for me whatever i want when i want it.  because of being in such a world, this can all too often seep into my relationship with Christ. i demand for things because i want them now.  i think i need them because in my small, human view, it will be the end of the world if i dont have it right then.  but as the song says, "He makes all things work together for my good". at first glance, that looks like it is based on me, on what i think is good. but its Him.  He is the one who puts things together in His timing for His ultimate glory. and that happens to be... my good. what is BEST for me is what will be most glorifying to Him. how thankful i am for a God who is my discipline.  and He doesnt just give me what i want. i end up appreciating the things i have to wait for or the things i received instead of what i thought i wanted much more than what i thought was best for myself.  as my wise sunday school teacher once told us: we are 1 float in a parade. God is in the blimp above the parade that sees where the parade and floats are headed, how to direct them, and make sure everything is working how its supposed to.  we must know that now we are called to make decision not simply based on if they are necessarily right, but if they are wise. make decisions based on saying "no" to instant gratification in order to enjoy the blessings He wants to richly bestow on us simply if we wait. just to wait for His timing. stop rushing.  we know He is faithful.  He gave us His Son. then how could we ever question Him?  so for now- enjoy simply His presence, even if you dont have what you think you need for now. set aside the vanities of human nature and reflect on what the Lord has done for you prior to this point and why He has you where He has you for now. be encouraged in all Hes given you. and be like the flower that waits for spring.  He will bring you out of the winter seasons of your life.  He will give you the blessings of His presence.   



1 comment: