Tuesday, November 2, 2010

faces.

first, i just want to say- happy november. fall pictures are to come soon on here. but today i decided i want to show one of my favorite things to capture- candid pictures of people. i love the interaction and the "realness" of people in their everyday lives. here are some of the people i was able to photograph over the summer. they are all uniquely different, but the common theme is the true beauty of each person. 

one day, some friends and i took our lunch to the park beneath the eiffel tower and were surrounded by children. in paris, schools give the students a couple of hours for a lunch break and most of them go to parks as a class so they get to play. here was one child playing "foot". [what they call soccer in france]. 

this couple was playing for the public in one of my favorite places in paris: sacre coeur. they were so precious that i couldnt  not take a picture. can you blame me?  

one of my favorite moments captured in paris. 

people eating lunch at an outdoor cafĂ©. 

in my opinion, this is the epitome of multi-tasking. heck, its more than i can do. 

a man reading the afternoon away in venice. 

nuns at st. francis's cathedral in assisi.

classic gondola ride. complete with an opera singer and an accordion. 

a chalk artist. this quickly took me back to mary poppins. it makes me so sad to think his beautiful work would soon be washed away by the rain. 

one of many break dancers in paris. 

to be able to capture these moments is a blessing to me. people are my passion, and to be exposed to such diversity and uniqueness will be the story and ministry of my life. our God is that much more diverse and unique. perfect in every way. what a gift it is for us to not be like anyone else, yet we each perfectly reflect Christ when He is in our hearts. 
psalm 139:13-16. 

1 comment:

  1. even though i've seen all these pictures before, i still think they are so good. they are the kind of pictures that would show up in google images if you typed in "people in france".. i'm glad you're my friend.

    ReplyDelete